Friday, September 26, 2008

Time to think about time...

Hey buddy,
I hope things are going well on your side. Before you carry on doing whatever it is you are doing with your life right now, I’d just like to take a few minutes to give you a bit of a ‘head’s up’ about varsity life. I know you won’t have a problem with homesickness or anything like that, because you have been living on your own for a while and know how to be independent.
Dude, biggest piece of advice I can give you about varsity life – especially first year – is decent time management! That’s what it’s all about in the end. If you can manage your time wisely, and find a good balance between work/academic life and your social life, you’ll cope like a champ.
Many people I know have really felt the heat of shitty time management. Like, they leave assignments for the night before, in which case they rush doing it and then pull together a below-mediocre assignment. So I really can’t stress it enough, plan ahead for assignments and essays because in the end, it makes a massive difference.
Just to give you an example from my point of view, without proper time management I’d never cope with all the stuff going on in my life. First of all, there’s my academics, then a play football bout 3-4 times a week, I got a job in town once a week, and of course I like to chill with mates and party.
So keep focused on how you spend your time my man. Remember, if you work hard, you can play harder.
Anyway, you keep well and regards to the family.
Peace out..

No comments:

Website Counter HitCounter.Org supports VarsityCompass101